Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stourhead!

this is STOURHEAD which was my favorite, favorite place! this is where Darcy proposes to Elizabeth in the Keira Knightley version of Pride and Prejudice (aka my all time fav movie) and it is my life dream to also be proposed to here also.. it isn't looking likely at the moment. but my favorite part in the movie is filmed here and it is beautiful. the man who designed these gardens spent 40 years making them perfect... it was definitely worth it! we were very rushed here which was disappointing cause i could have stayed here all day! but i was so stoked to be able to come.
{i was so bummed because i didn't realize we were going here so i was basically dressed like a pirate. don't judge me for my attire. haha.}


beautiful lake in the middle of the gardens



Chery, Sarah, me, Emily, Maddie, and Whitney! amazing view behind us




breath-taking!
view of the bridge you see as you enter the gardens (from the back side)
church where Mr. Collins gives his sermon in Pride and Prejudice!

just hanging out in the Temple of Apollo


so fun!

Temple of Apollo (where darcy proposes to elizabeth in the pouring rain!) this place gives me the chills, i love it!

first sighting of the temple of apollo. this place is gorgeous!



when we first got to the gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment